Saturday 15 February 2020

POWER TO THE PEOPLE

Having completed the pig facility, I have turned my attention to the power station.  I have started with my interpretation of the sub-station which transfers the power to the grid.  I started by examining images on the net to get some ideas and this is what I've come up with.  Whilst not probably correct it works for me.

the idea started when I was looking for some rawl plugs to re attach a curtain rail and while I was in my biscuit box of rawl plugs I noticed these very large plugs I had acquired from somewhere and thought those look like the insulators they use in sub stations, so eight were put to one side in my jomlet box of modelling odds and ends.



I started with the base for which I used a piece of plasticard 250 x 70 onto which I glued sand to give it some texture, when this was dry I painted it with a coat of Ivory satin gloss.  When this was dry I dry brushed dark brown, picking out the high spots to give the appearance of large gravel.

Next to the transformer base which is made from cardboard (I keep all suitable old Christmas and birthday cards) It had an angled top so that when the 'insulators' were glued on they had the right angles. The oil cooler tank was made by gluing together two plastic tops off small bottles.  I also purchased a 3D printer cut switch ox, cabinet and transformer off Ebay and fixed them on the end





The power cables connected to the tops of the 'insulators' have been left long for as yet I do not know how far to the frames.





Overall I am quite pleased with the results, so till next time
don't bang 'em about
Blossom



No comments:

Post a Comment